I’ve nearly reached the breaking point with Google Reader and its devolution. The simplified interface and reduced functionality has me seeking out a new RSS reader. If you have any pointers, please met me know. Here are the things that matter to me:
- Web access: Not living purely in the client, although syncing is possibly okay
- Mobile access: Android access best but I can live with mobile web.
- Evernote integration: This has become my archival tool for everything I read.
- Stats: Help me understand what I read, what I’m ignoring, what’s happening with my feeds, etc. Alternately, an API I can mine may suffice.
- HTTPS support: I must encrypt my login and traffic with the site. This is not negotiable and I cannot accept any substitute. (You should feel the same, dear reader…)
- Twitter integration: I don’t always share links, but when I do, I prefer Twitter.
- Podcast client: Would like to use podcasts from the same reader if possible.
- Delicious integration: Good for tagging and link blogging. If I can do a link blog with the site, I may consider it.